Getting Started - Home Page
Review: Last lesson, we discovered that our loving God does NOT torment people forever but rather their judment and punishment stand forever.
INTRODUCTION: This week, we will look at one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit; the gift of prophecy.
SP - 1 Through whom does the Lord reveal His will? Amos 3:7
His servants the prophets.
SP - 2 How does God reveal Himself to a prophet? Numbers 12:6
1. God reveals Himself in visions and dreams.
SP - 3 Upon what special church was Satan to make an attack in the last days? Revelation 12:17
1. The dragon, or Satan, was angry with the remnant, or last true church (woman).
2. This church keeps the commandments of God and has the testimony of Jesus.
SP - 4 What is the "testimony of Jesus" Revelation 19:10
1. The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy. Ephesians 4:11-13
SP - 5 What was the testimony of Jesus to be in the remnant church?
I Corinthians 1:6,7
1. The Holy Spirit provides the gifts necessary to prepare a people for the second coming of Jesus.
SP - 6 Is it appropriate for a woman to receive the gift of prophecy? Acts 21:8,9
1. Philip, the evangelist, had four daughters who prophesied.
2. God uses both men and women to finish His work.
SP - 7 How are we to relate to a person who has demonstrated that they have the gift of prophecy? I Thess 5:20,21
1. We are not to despise prophesying, but we are to prove all things.
2. Hold fast to that which is good.
3. Use the Bible as a test.
a) Isaiah 8:20 must agree with the total Bible.
b) Jeremiah 28:9 prophecies must all come to pass.
c) Matt 7:20 prophets personal life and teaching must harmonize.
d) 1 John 4:2 must confess that Jesus did come in the flesh.
SP - 8 What is God's counsel to us? II Chronicles 20:20
1. We are established by belief in the Lord.
2. We prosper by belief in His prophets.
APPEAL: We should never quench the Spirit of God, it is the Holy Spirit that convicts and helps us to hold fast to that which is true.
PREVIEW: Next lesson, we will look at God's remnant church. Does God have a true church in the world today?