Getting Started - Home Page
Review: Last lesson, we talked about the unpardonable sin.
INTRODUCTION: Let us see what the Bible has to say about punishment for the wicked.
PW - 1 What are the wages of sin? Romans 6:23a
1. The wages of sin is death.
2. Revelation 20:12 tells us that we are judged by our works.
PW - 2 What are some of the characteristics of individuals who will receive the wages of sin (death)? Revelation 21:8
1. Those destroyed by hellfire are fearful, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters, and liars.
2. This destruction by hellfire is the second death.
3. Thus, they will not be cast into hellfire until they have been given second life.
PW - 3 Jesus says that the first death is a sleep. But by contrast, what is the effect of the second death? II Thessalonians 1:9
1. The second death is eternal separation from God, worse than physical torture.
PW - 4 At what time does hellfire consume the wicked, and from where does it come? Revelation 20:7-9
1. Hell as a place of punishment does not now exist.
2. Hell will be on this earth after the thousand years, when God rains fire on the wicked. Ezekiel 28:18,19
PW - 5 In what physical condition do the wicked go into hell? Zechariah 14:12
1. When the wicked are resurrected, after the thousand years, in bodily form.
2. This is a literal destruction of very real people.
PW - 6 How much of a person is consumed by the fires of hell? Malachi 4:1-3
1. The wicked burn up as stubble, leaving neither root nor branch.
2. The wicked are as ashes under the feet of the righteous.
PW - 7 What happens to this earth? Revelation 21:1-3
1. God will re-create this earth. The former things passm all things become new.
2. This earth becomes the dwelling place of God and His people.
3. Therefore, hellfire must do its work and be completed.
PW - 8 How may we escape the fate of the wicked and enjoy this earth in its re-created state? John 3:16
1. No one need perish in hellfire.
2. All may have eternal life if they accept and obey Jesus Christ.
By accepting Christ now, we shall find true happiness and peace of mind here on this earth, and we shall inherit the new earth made just for us.
PREVIEW: Next lesson, hell fire and eternal punishment.