Getting Started - Home Page
Review: Last lesson, we discovered that the mark of the beast is accepting the false Sabbath, or Sunday, as our day of worship. In a broader sense, it is to worship man's way in place of God's way.
INTRODUCTION: This week, we will see that God's people receive the seal of God.
SG - 1 What is it that God's people receive before the angels allow the winds of strife to blow? Revelation 7:1-3
1. God's people accept God's seal in their foreheads.
SG - 2 What is the purpose of a seal? I Kings 21:8
1. Ancient kings had a seal to authenticate their messages.
2. All nations have their seal.
SG - 3 What is the connection, in God's word, between a sign and a seal?
1. A "sign" and a "seal" may be used interchangeably.
SG - 4 How is the Lord distinguished from other Gods? Jeremiah 10:10-12
1. The Lord is the true and living God who made heaven and earth.
2. All other gods shall perish.
SG - 5 What has God given us as His sign, or seal? Exodus 31:13,16,17
1. The seventh-day Sabbath is God's sign or seal to remind us that he is the one who sanctifies us.
2. The Sabbath is a perpetual covenant.
3. It is a sign that He (God) is our creator.
SG - 6 Where do we find God's official seal given? Exodus 20:11
1. A seal contains three requirements
a. The Name
b. The Title
c. The Domain
2. In the Sabbath command we find these three requirements.
a. Name = The Lord
b. Title = The Creator
c. Domain = Heaven & Earth
SG - 7 What was God's purpose in giving us the Sabbath? Ezekiel 20:12,20
1. As a sign that He sanctifies us.
2. So that we might remember Him as our God.
SG - 8 Does God give us a choice in whom we choose to worship and follow?
1. To whom we yield ourselves, his servants we are.
2. Yielding to sin brings death. Yielding to obedience results in life.
APPEAL: We have a choice. We can choose man's way and be lost or we can choose God's way and have eternal life.
PREVIEW: Next lesson, we shall discover how God wants us to keep His special day and enjoy it.