Getting Started - Home Page
Review: Last lesson, we discovered that the wrath of God, in the form of the seven last plagues, will be poured out on those who have received the Mark of the Beast.
INTRODUCTION: This lesson examines exactly what this mark is, who gives it, and how we can avoid receiving it.
MB - 1 What was the warning given in the third angels message?
1. God has warned us in these last days (verse 15) not to receive the Mark of the Beast and thereby incur His wrath.
MB -2 How is this beast power identified? Revelation 13:18
1. This beast power, we are to avoid, has as its head, a man whose number is 666.
2. One of the leading titles of the pope is VICARIUS FILII DEI.
The Latin equivalent for these letters is 666.
V = 5 F = 0 D = 500
I = 1 I = 1 E = 0
C = 100 L = 50 I = 1
A = 0 I = 1 501
R = 0 I = 1
I = 1 53 112
U = 5 53
S = 0 501
3. This beast power is the parallel spoken of in Daniel 2 in the vision of the great image (the fourth kingdom), and again in Daniel 7, the fourth
4. In all these prophecies, Romanism is depicted in either its pagan or papal state.
MB - 3 What exactly is the mark, and how will it be enforced?
1. An attempt will be made to make this Mark of the Beast universal, by not selling to or buying from those who don't have the mark.
2. It is interesting to note what this beast power considered specifically to be its mark of authority.
a) "Sunday is our mark of authority. The church is above the Bible and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact and any protestant who keeps Sunday acknowledges this. " (Catholic Record, London Ontario, September 1, 1923).
b) "Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change (from Saturday to Sunday) was her act. And the act is the Mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters. "(C.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons.)
3. Sunday keeping is declared to be their mark.
MB - 4 Will everyone give in to this power and receive the mark? Revelation 15:2
1. No, there are those who have gained the victory over the beast, his image and his mark.
MB - 5 Do we have a choice in the matter? Romans 6:16
1. We can choose to obey God or man.
MB - 6 Of what value is our worship if we follow the commandments of man?
1. If we worship the teachings of man - or tradition - we worship in vain.
MB - 7 What if God’s laws are in conflict with man's laws. Acts 5:29
1. Whenever a conflict arises between the two, God's commands take precedence over man's.
MB - 8 How can we be certain not to receive the Mark of the Beast?
1. By keeping God's commandments.
2. By having the faith of Jesus.
APPEAL: The consequences of following man's way costs too much. Let’s choose to follow Jesus all the way.
PREVIEW: Next lesson, we will search the scriptures and find out what the Seal of God is.