Getting Started - Home Page
Review: Last lesson, we saw that the judgment, beginning in 1844, included one of the messages for the last days:
INTRODUCTION: This lesson we want to study the THREE ANGELS’ MESSAGES in more detail. How do they apply today?
TAM - 1. Does God want to keep us informed and up to date? II Peter 1:12
1. We need to be established in the present truth.
TAM - 2. Evidently, PRESENT TRUTH is that truth especially applicable to a particular age. What was the PRESENT TRUTH in Noah's day? II Peter 2:5
1. Noah was a preacher of righteousness.
2. The present truth was to escape destruction by the flood by getting into the ark.
TAM - 3 What was the message of PRESENT TRUTH just preceding Jesus' earthly ministry? Matthew 3:1-3
1. John the Baptist preached repentance.
2. He was preparing the people for the arrival of the Messiah as the Savior.
TAM - 4 What would be considered PRESENT TRUTH for us today? Is there such a message? Matthew 24:33
1. Present truth for our age is to prepare for Jesus’ coming, which all the signs indicate is very near.
TAM - 5 Can we be sure we have the right message for today? Luke 1:4
1. We need to know for certain, if we are preaching the right message.
TAM - 6 What then, EXACTLY, is the message? Revelation 14:15,6-12
1. The harvest of the earth symbolizes the end of the world. Therefore, the message of chapter 14 is to be a universal message for the last days.
2. There are three messages in this chapter:
a) "Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come." (The judgment began in 1844 at the end of the 2300 year prophecy).
b) "Babylon is fallen." This represents the unfaithful spiritual conditions of the churches.
c) A warning against receiving the mark of the beast and thus God's wrath.
3. Those who are saved, the saints, are those who don't receive the mark of the beast, because they keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus
TAM - 7 In connection with this message, let's read Acts 10:5,6
1. "He shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do."
2. The messages of Revelation 14 tell us what we ought to do. These messages are very important, as were the present truth messages of Noah, John the Baptist and Peter.
TAM - 8 In view of these messages, what does the Bible counsel us to do?
1. The warning concerning Babylon The Great, is to come out of her, and not to be associated with her. Then we will not receive her plagues.
If we accept God's message for today - THE THREE ANGELS’ MESSAGES
- we shall follow him into all truth.
PREVIEW: We have discovered the fate of those who receive the mark of the beast. They will receive the wrath of God, which is the seven last plagues. That is our next study.