Getting Started - Home Page
Review: Last lesson, we looked at some signs, as foretold in God's word, that would help us to know that Christ's coming is near.
INTRODUCTION: This lesson, we will discover that His Second Coming is visible and literal.
SC-1 Who is Christ coming for? And why is He coming? Heb 9:28
1. He comes for those who look for Him.
2. He brings salvation.
SC-2 Why is Jesus coming back again? John 14:1-3
1. To take us to be with Him.
2. In mansions He has prepared.
3. To keep a promise He gave us.
SC-3 Did he, in fact, go? Acts 1:9-11
1. Christ went in a cloud, He will return in the same way.
2. The disciples saw Christ go, He will return the same way.
3. The same Jesus the disciples knew and loved will return.
SC-4 What was Jesus like when He went to heaven? Luke 24:36-43
1. Notice this is after the resurrection.
2. He was a real being, He could be touched.
3. John 20:27, Christ asked Thomas to touch His side.
4. A spirit can't be touched.
5. He had human needs-He was hungry, and He ate.
SC-5 Is His coming secret? Rev 1:7
1. He comes with clouds (Matt 25:31). All His angels come with Him.
2. Every eye shall see Him. It's no secret. (Luke 17:24)
3. People on earth will wail. Why? Because they are unprepared.
SC-6 What happens to the unprepared (wicked)? Rev 6:15-17
1. All are affected by His coming.
2. The wicked hide and ask for a rock slide to cover them.
3. (Ps 68:2) Wicked perish at His coming!
4. Who shall be able to stand? Vs. 17
SC-7 What happens to those who are prepared (Righteous)? I Thess 4:16,17
1. Righteous dead rise first.
2. Righteous living are gathered with the resurrected righteous into the air. (Matt 24:31)
3. We will always be with Christ.
SC-8 Where do we go? What body change takes place? Philippians 3:20,21
1. Our citizenship is in heaven.
2. Our polluted bodies will be changed like Christ's. (1 Cor 15:51-54)
Heaven is cheap, isn't it? If we allow Him to change us now He offers us a place in His eternal kingdom, where we will not get sick, or die.
Preview: Next lesson, we discover good news about His eternal kingdom and where we will live with Him, through eternity.